- Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or opinions of anyone else, including but not limited to my employer.
- All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
- While using my site, I may ask you to provide me with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name and email address.
- I am not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this site on other web sites or media without permission.
It essentially boils down to: Keep it civil and on topic.
If your comment is not appearing on the site, it may have been flagged for review. I’ll do my best to get to it quickly. Some reasons it may have been flagged for review are:
- Using a Disqus account without a verified email address
- Other users may have flagged your comment as needing review
- For some reason Disqus thinks I should take a look at it before it appears
Reasons your comment may get deleted:
- You engage in personal attacks on another user. Don’t get personal about it. It’s fine to debate / criticize ideas, but it is not ok to criticize the person making it (includes both the original author of a post / page as well as commenters).
- You are posting personal and / or private information of any kind (e.g. real names, addresses, contact information, etc.). This could easily lead to being banned without warning.
- It is off topic – not relevant to the original post and / or discussion being had in the comments
- It is substantially duplicate content. e.g. posting the same thing over and over and / or posting something that is mostly the same over and over.
- It is self promotion (depends on context, as decided by me)
Things that will probably get you banned, perhaps without a warning:
- Trolling - posting content with the intent of provoking others into an emotional response, or otherwise disrupting normal discussion
- Flagging comments for review because you don’t agree with them
- Repeatedly, or a single egregious (as deemed by me), breaking of any of the above rules
- I reserve the right to remove any comment for any reason, but the above are the guidelines I will most likely follow.
- I may quote your comment in part or its entirety on this site. By commenting, you are giving me permission to do so.
Questions? Contact me.